Azure Analysis Service deployment
Visual Studio Team Service deploy task that will deploy a Azure Analysis Service Model to an existing Azure Analysis Service.
NOTE: At this moment the task only supports 1 SQL Server connection Support for more types of connection is in development
- Azure Connection Type - Only Azure Resource Manager is supported
- Azure RM Subscription - Which Azure Subscription (Service Endpoint) should be used to connect to the datafactory
- Resource Group - To which Resource Group is the Azure Analysis Service model deployed
Analysis Service Details:
- Analysis Service name - The name of the Azure Analysis Service server
- Login type - Type of Azure Analysis Service login: Named user or Service Principal
If Login type option is 'ervice Principal':
- Azure AD TenantID - Azure ID Tenant ID
- Application ID - Application ID of the Service Principal
- Application Key - Key of the Application ID
If Login type option is 'Named User':
- Analysis Services Admin - The admin user use to connect to the Azure Analysis Service instance
- Analysis Services Admin Password - The password of the admin user use to connect to the Azure Analysis Service instance
Data Source Connection Detailss:
- Data Source Type - Type of the first data source defined in the model. SQL is for now the only option.
- Source Azure SQL Server Name - The servername of the Azure SQL database server
- Source Database Name - The database name
- Source User Login - The username used for the connection by the model for trhe connection to the source database
- Source Password - The password for the given username
- Specify Firewall Rules Using - Auto Detect adds the IP address of the agent to the firewall rules. With the option 'IP Address Range' a start and end IP address of a range needs to be provided
- Start IP Address - Start IP address of the range
- End IP Address - End IP address of the range.
- Delete Rule After Task Ends - Delete the firewall rule at the end of the tasks
- Overwrite - Option to overwrite existing model with the new one.
- Remove - Option to remove the old model before deploying a new one.
At this moment the following configuration are tested and working:
- Model 1400 and a single SQL Server database as datasource
More configuration will follow. Feel free to contact me for a specific configuration.
- Add support for service principal deployments
- Add support for adding firewall rules
- Model files are readed with UTF8 encoding
- New: AAS return messages (error/warning) are used for the tasks logging
- Bugfix: Better logging when exceptions are thrown
- Initial public release
If you have any comment related to the documentation, like corrections, unclear features or missing documentation, feel free to leave feedback below via GitHub. Or correct it yourself and submit a PR; see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details. GitHub account required.